2008-04-02

Are you kidding me?

What is the significance of the numbers on my dash. If you will notice there, the temperature registers a balmy 38 degrees. That is important because I am on my way to swim in an outdoor pool. And why would anyone in their right mind want to go swimming in an outdoor pool on a 28 degree day? Because "someones" siblings decided last year it would be a great idea to swim the sharkfest in San Francisco this year as a family (minus Mom and Dad). If you don't know what sharkfest is, it is where they drop you off a boat as close to Alcatraz Island as they can get (without actually touching it) and you get to swim back to San Francisco. Did I mention you get a shirt out of this?


Here is a shot of the out door pool that I will be swimming in part time (thank you Dave for sharing it and keeping it warm!)


I am just hoping to finish. I guess if you get to far behind, they have people in boats that will pick you up and drop you close to the finish. Oh, and did I mention there is a reason they call it sharkfest.... because there are sharks in there. I thought it was just a fun, cutesy name. But uhmmm No! There really are sharks.


This is a lovely logo that our dear brother-in-law Matt designed for shirts that our other dear brother-in-law is going to make up for us on this special occasion. For the privilege of designing the shirts, out of the goodness of our hearts, we are allowing Matt to swim with us. His nickname for the event - "shark bait".

No comments: