2008-11-04

What a great dad!

This guy right here...



is such a good sport. Remember, he has lost his two boys to college and a mission within the last 5 months. Now he is stuck at home with his wife, two girls and female yellow lab. The estrogen is abundant. Yet he continues to come home from work. So it makes me feel especially bad in sharing what we did to him. It wasn't on purpose. In fact I didn't even think about it until we caught up with him.

It is Saturday night. We had promised Sidney that we would go see High School Musical 3. Courtney begrudgingly agreed to go along. Courtney, Sidney and I were in Federal Way getting fabric for costumes when we realized the time. I called Mark, who had just got home from helping his brother work on his house, and asked him if he could go to the Chalet Theater (hometown theater) and save us some seats in case it was crowded. We would meet him there. He seemed hesitant but said he would. It wasn't until we arrived at the theater and saw him sitting in the middle all by himself that I saw the humor of the situation. A 40ish year old male goes to the theater, buys one ticket to High School Musical 3 and sits in the middle by himself with popcorn and a soda. What is he? A pedophile. He was the only male at the time (another dad showed up when we did). He said he felt a little awkward, but for us, he did it. What a great dad!

The show? Not so much. Even Sidney thought it had to much singing.



When Coty comes home from college at Christmas, we will have to let those two go do some male bonding.

5 comments:

kthom said...

I have the mental picture in my head...and I am laughing. See, who needs birthday presents or well wishes when you can get him to do HSM3. You should have sat a few rows back to see how long he'd sit and wait.

Thomas family said...

I am cracking up!! I can so picture this! What a great guy!

Steff said...

Oh...poor Mark! That is super funny though. He's a good sport!

The Butler Bunch said...

Ha! That's funny. I can't even picture Barry agreeing to go to such a movie. (Well, maybe if we begged, bribed).
I don't really see why we need a High School Musical 3 anyway. I got my fill with 2 and 3. I haven't seen the 3rd one yet. Sounds like a fun time!

Steff said...

I miss your posts! More! More! More!