2010-10-01

Favorite Thing Friday - basil

Yes, I have actually made a post on my blog.

I was in a bit of a rut the last couple of months (give or take a year). But I am feeling like maybe life is a bit more on track and hope to be able to pick up and post a couple of times a week again.

Anyways, in my hiatus, I have found some great things that I love and wanted to share with you. Thus starting up my favorite things Friday posts again. It is a good place to start.

This is one of those things.

BASIL



This is called "Living Basil" and I found it in the produce section of the grocery store. I have seen it at Safeway and Winco for sure, but I am sure it can be found many other places.

Have you ever seen those pathetic, tiny packages that they charge you 4 dollars for? Well for that price or less you can get this plant. Take it home, remove it from the wrapper and I put mine in a mason jar. Cover the roots with water and snip off leaves when you need it. It will continue to grow and makes you kitchen smell very nice (if you love basil). It is a worthwhile investment, especially now that we are headed into Fall and your outside basil plants will start to suffer from the cold snap.

Give it a try... fresh basil in sauces, pasta, bread. Delicious!

No comments: