2009-02-18

Easy Chicken Tacos

Another thing I delted in my made labeling effort. The recipe for Easy Chicken Tacos. I got this recipe from my sister when she was up at Christmas and since then it has become a family staple. It is very easy to make and actually "all" my kids like it, which is unusual. It has just the right amount of flavor without being to zippy for my youngest.



She puts hers in crockpot in the morning and lets it slow cook all day. I just throw mine it a oven proof pot and cook it at 300 degrees for 3-4 hours (if you need it to cook longer, lower the temperature to 250).



Easy Chicken Tacos

6 frozen chicken breasts (I get mine from Costco)
1 jar La Victoria Salsa Verde (green color)


Put all in crockpot of oven proof pot and cook. Crockpot you let cook all day, oven proof pot cook 3-4 hours on 300 degrees. Remove chicken and shred. I think remove any chicken floaties from the salsa juice then return shredded chicken back into the pot with salsa. Mix, reheat if necessary and serve with flour tortillas. These are also great served with any or all of the following...
tomatoes
black beans
shredded cheese
avocado
lettuce
olives
salsa
sour cream

No comments: