2009-03-18

Don't look if you have a weak stomach...

Since having cows, we naturally have hay and grain to feed them through the winter. I guess a natural occurance with hay and grain is rodents. I think I've shared some of my rodent experiences in previous posts. My husband has gotten serious about getting rid of the rodents since they decided to start chewing on his boat cover. He has been pretty tolerant up until that point. I however, don't do mice/rats, I get throwup sick when I see them, they make my whole body quiver, I feel real weak and can only communicate in low groaning noises. So when my son went out to get bails of hay to feed the cows, he came and tapped on my window to inform me that we had caught a rat in our cage trap. I took it upon myself to go get a picture to send our son who is on his mission in Arizona because I thought he would want to be apart of this family episode.

Even now as I write this, my arms are weak, palms clammy, lunch lurching into my throat. You can now see my willingness to share all aspects of my life with you by writting this instead of laying on the couch with a damp cloth on my forehead and soft music playing in the background. I seriously doubt I will sleep tonight or ever again, and every little noise will be a rat coming in, ready run up my pant leg nibbling as it goes.



My son says it looks like Ratatouille. I know some of you will look down on me for my hostile nature to such an innocent creature, but some of you don't do spiders, some of you don't do snakes....I DON'T DO rodents. It is just physically impossible for me to. I am sorry.

5 comments:

Angie Penrose said...

he does look kind of cute in the cage. :) haha! what's your email address so i can send you an invite to our blog? maybe you should invite ratatouille in for a cooking lesson. haha!

Steff said...

It does look like Ratatouille! Sad! I guess it's only sad because it's not anywhere near my house. If it was, it would be GROSS and HORRIFIC! Glad you caught it though and hopefully you will soon be rid of your rodent problem.

kthom said...

He is GIGANTIC...and he must BE GONE! Totally gross, even if he can cook.

Thomas family said...

That is the chubbiest rat! Gross! I am starting to sweat a little too. Now what do you do with it?

Tfamily said...

I told Mark to take him to the far reaches of the earth and let him go. Maybe we will keep him and feed him until April Fools, then let him go in someone's house or car haha. Just kidding. Actually that isn't even funny, it makes me ill just thinking about it. I don't think there is a person this earth who I would dislike enough to play a joke like that on. Anyone want a pet? :)