2009-03-31

Fun Centerpieces...

We had our YW broadcast and dinner last Saturday night and I was in charge of making some fun, but inexpensive centerpieces for the tables. We were going to tie a few balloons to each one, so really it was an inexpensive balloon weight. Here is what I came up with...






Colored bags which I got at Michaels 12 for 3.99, white curling ribbon, 3/4" strips of scrapbook paper, stables and something to weight it down. What a great idea for all the wheat in my food storage :). I got the basic idea at Joys of Home, but tweeked it for spring. You could use this same idea to wrap presents fairly inexpensively, but cute, in a cheap, fun sorta way. If you know what I mean.

It was a fun evening and the food was great (notice I didn't do the food). I think they gave me this job because hey, how could I really mess up a balloon weight. Now I am just trying to decided whether to keep 25 mini bags of wheat or return the wheat to its rightful place in a 5 gallon bucket in my storage area. A couple of more days and I will probably toss them all in the garbage in a mad rush to clean the house.

No comments: