2009-12-31

Cooperation is the key

One of the games we got for Christmas was Lego Indiana Jones for the Wii. Little did I know that this game would teach some valuable lessons as it was played. Within the first 5 minutes, we realized that it is a 2 player game and that those 2 players need to "work together" to accomplish many of the tasks to make it to the next level.

These two in the picture are sisters. Like most sisters, there always seems to be, shall we call them moments of contention.



I am in the kitchen when I hear them chipping away at each other. So I walk over to see what is going on. People are attacking Indie and the other player, so Sidney jumps on top of the truck and laughs as Courtney is getting beaten all to heck. Then when Sidney gets down, Courtney takes after her with the whip. So Sidney takes out her shovel and starts the smack down on Courtney. Wow, between the name calling and beatings they were giving each other, it really warmed my heart. Needless to say, the game was stopped, then started again later, until they start wacking each other again. I think they are actually able to play together for 15 minutes before I need to step in.

Maybe this is why most video games for girls are more about dressing up the pretty princess instead of holding weapons.

No comments: